The aim of the IRF is to promote the most rational use of current and future medicinal products with respect to both pharmacological and economical aspects. This aim is directed towards both primary and hospital care.
Institute for Rational Pharmacotherapy (IRF) was founded 1. October 1999 as a partly independent institute under the Danish Health and Medicines Authority.
IRF was established in order to ensure the population the most rational use of the range of medicinal products available. The evaluation of medicinal products is made on the basis of both effectual and financial points of view. To reach this aim IRF provides well-balanced information to all medical doctors in Denmark. Secondary target groups are other professionals in the health sector and consumers of medicine.
What is rational pharmacotherapy?
Rational pharmacotherapy signifies the treatment that has:
- The largest effect
- The least serious adverse effects
- The fewest number of adverse effects
- The lowest possible expenses.
It is of utmost importance to IRF that:
- Neither its professional independence nor its integrity and credibility can be questioned
- Its work is based on well-documented science and approved scientific methods
- It keeps a great degree of openness towards the public.
Questions and comments to IRF and its work are welcomed. Please write to email@example.com